TECHCOM DRP-BCP Hoteling Stations
While “hoteling” or “free addressing” often refers to a cost cutting measure to create generic work stations for mobile employees, at TECHCOM this concept is strategically leveraged for disaster recovery (DR) and business continuity (BC) planning.
TECHCOM DRP-BCP Hoteling Stations is how we describe our ability to provide office space to clients on an as-needed basis during a DR or BC situation. By ensuring your team has access to the TECHCOM solution(s) your organization is using and some basic office tools, you can ensure that during a DR or BC event your customers are supported, your data continues to follow expected processes and your team maintains continuous work activities.
In addition to (or in place of) managing DR-BC office space, work stations and equipment at your premises, our hoteling stations give you the ability to leverage our assets when needed, and optimize the efficiency of your offices and thus benefit from real property cost savings.
Location, Location, Location
- TECHCOM operation centres are available within the Greater Toronto Area, with each easily accessible by highway or public transit.
- Our secure operation centre locations are designed to withstand extreme weather events and prevent unauthorized access.
- TECHCOM operates with redundancy at top of mind (e.g. redundant cooling systems, diverse path and redundant network connections, natural gas generators, power management, MPLS fiber-based network infrastructure, etc.) to prevent “single points of failure”.
Station Availability & Features
- As the name implies, reservation-based unassigned seating is available, or alternatively “hot desking” can be supported (if available) for reservation-less unassigned seating.
- Reserved DRP-BCP hoteling stations can provide basic services or additional enhanced optional services, that is, your reservation will be customized to support your DR-BC needs.
- Basic services include a work space, access to your organization’s TECHCOM solution(s), and power, while enhanced options can include access to a desk phone, a fax/printer/scanner, the internet, file storage, a whiteboard, Microsoft products (e.g. Word, Excel), office supplies, laptops, mobile phones, etc.
Services & Amenities
- Our office environment has provisions for informal meeting rooms, snack areas, project rooms, and focus areas for individual work.
Onsite End-User Support
- TECHCOM services automatically include 24-7-365 operation centre monitoring.
- Your DR-BC plan can also leverage TECHCOM’s infrastructure professionals who have extensive technical, management and IT support experience.