March 26th, 2020 – Woodbridge, ON – TECHCOM™ an Essential Service through COVID-19
Following the guidelines published by the Ontario government, TECHCOM™ is deemed an essential service in support of our clients – government, financial institution and our TECHCOM™ Cloud network of professionals.
In early March 2020, TECHCOM™ invoked portions of its pandemic Business Continuity Plan (BCP) in response to COVID-19. By mid-March 2020 the full TECHCOM™ pandemic BCP was in effect. Based on job duties, our BCP has staff working from the office or working from home. Whether it be working from home or the office, we continue to ask, support and remind our team to abide by the COVID-19 guidelines as published by Canadian public health and the different levels of government.
Throughout the pandemic, TECHCOM™ has continued to support our government, financial institution and our TECHCOM™ Cloud network of professionals with initiatives including:
- technical guidance, including support to move our clients to a work from home model
- pre-emptive strategies to identify and offer new lending products or payment options to new or existing customers
- introducing or modifying refinance or payment deferral strategies
- predictive analytics to estimate the number of customers that will enter past-due each month over the next 12 to 18 months
- identifying current-day alternative payment strategies to support customers impacted by COVID-19, proactively minimizing the number of customers that default
- connecting our lending clients to various TECHCOM™ Cloud professionals who provide complementary staff augmentation services in the disciplines including customer support, legal, insolvency and default management
- configuring or enhancing our solutions to support client specific COVID-19 initiatives
- business continuity facilities for client staff and infrastructure
- post COVID-19 preparation and planning activities
New developments are reported daily by Canadian public health and the different levels of government as the COVID-19 pandemic continues. Our view remains that the management of our business will be fluid as we work to adjust our operating model to support the needs of our clients, suppliers, partners and employees.
We wish to thank all of our clients, suppliers, partners and employees for their continued support as we navigate together through these unprecedented COVID-19 times. Be safe.